Technological advances are shaping the world today. Therefore, our lives keep moving faster and faster. Mobile apps help us us keep up with this exceedingly quick pace. Taxi app development is one of them. One of the approaches for adapting to this ever-evolving movement that makes transportation easier and quicker is the designing of online taxi application like Uber.
Taxi app development for existing business considerably enhance their business employees and client’s mobility and convenience. So, it has a profound effect on the business itself. Team As A Service (TAAS), at Twelfthdream carries out such projects following a 6-step process. We employ Agile Scrum, a software development framework, to list the tasks in order of priority. We have gained a lot of practical experience of doing successful projects. You can reach out and we can consult you on your upcoming project. Book a discovery session.
What is a taxi app?
A taxi app facilitates the process of accessing a cab anywhere, anytime. It promises to smooth the procedure of requesting a ride via smartphones. In other words, it has revolutionized the way people can access transportation via a car. Passengers give the app some basic info such as the precise location of themselves and their destination. And they will be informed of the transportation cost. Customers can therefore take advantage of online taxis. Most importantly, they are going to save time and money through this process. These two features significantly stimulate the application’s growth.
Uber is a super successful example of taxi app development. Uber Technologies, Inc. started in 2009, and now in 2021, it has made its way to more than sixty countries. Now it has been expanding its services to low-cost hospitality, food delivery (Uber eats), package delivery, couriers, and much more. All this progress and the emergence of 4G in 2009 formed the uberization concept. In simple terms, uberization means to change the market for a service by introducing a distinct approach of purchasing or employing it, especially using mobile technology advancements. The good news is that every single mobile app could be uberized. Certainly, its great ramification modifies the business entirely. Many startups got inspired by the idea of developing uber-like applications. Get Taxi, Bonshine, and Snap in Iran are uber-like mobile app design cases.
- Saving time and money for you and your customers.
- Offering a reasonably safe trip because the cabs can be effortlessly tracked with the GPS feature.
- Surpassing traditional taxi service competitors.
- Since every detailed data is available in the app, the cost of telephone communication decreases.
- Optimized decision: The application indicates the cost, make of the cars, and a driver’s rating so, passengers make the final decision more accurately.
- Estimating the travel cost: The first and foremost attribute is the calculation of the trip’s price because instinctively everyone wants to understand what the total charge is before making payment whether it is by credit card or cash.
- Reservation: Passengers would prefer to schedule a service in advance
- In-app chat: Clients can send messages in the app instead of making phone calls.
- Combined trips: In a world where most of us usually have busy days, and changing locations to carry the burdens we are responsible for defining combined trips could earn big money.
- Rating the driver and passenger: When developing a taxi application, keep in mind that fulfilling a function for a scoring system leads to the creation of a brilliant monitoring system. It has a direct impact on increasing the number of trips you can have. Users with low scores, such as drivers or passengers, should be gradually removed. By doing this, the security and peace of people go up consequently, the quality of work also rises.
- Control panel: In general, the sole purpose of designing a management panel is monitoring and managing the location of cars, requests, users, and drivers.
- Driver and user application: Having two applications for having access to drivers and users, each with its unique personalized features are worthwhile.
User app features
- Display points between routes on Google Maps by calculating distance and minutes
- Filters to sort requests by request status
- Sharing service for a particular person
- The driver’s current location
- Choosing payment gateways
- Registration and reservation display via a web application design
Features of the driver app
- Checking the status of earnings, trips, and other activities.
- A three-step registration process that includes all of the necessary criteria and credentials to get started.
- Determine the cost based on the number of kilometers and minutes of travel required, as well as other factors.
- Messages section for the driver
Now that you have chosen between all the app ideas and you fathom what should be included in a taxi app development. Let us know how to begin the journey.
How to start?
A taxi app like Uber creates a safe space for all members of society to travel, including veterans, children, the elderly, physically disabled, and immigrants, at any time of the day.
Choose the right mobile app development company to build you one. At Twelfth Dream, we can develop an app that helps your business expand and reach its full potential. See our process.
How to beat competitors?
- To start and attract customers, you can employ discount codes. Early on in the startup process, special discount codes are beneficial to introduce your business to others with the low-price feature to expand the number of trips. Consider various discounts for travelers on different occasions. The discount code can be entered during the registration process for a travel request. This can be accomplished by including a banner on the app’s first page with an eye-catching color in progressive web apps for iOS or Android native apps. Influencer marketing is another perfect approach to adopt. Influencers have the power to transform your career since they can endorse your services through word-of-mouth marketing (WOM marketing). Hence, be quite cautious to pick the right person for a collaboration.
- Strengthen your support. Try to have robust support for the services you offer to establish trust. If the driver and passenger call you during the trip and you are not responsive, it will then harm the credibility of your application. Therefore, try to provide a strong support team to meet their needs.
- Build up the number of drivers and the quality of services. One way to win the competition is providing drivers at all hours. This requires a lot of time and publicity to attract drivers who are enthusiastic to carry out work from dawn to dusk. However, every problem has a solution. To engage drivers increasing the income at the specific hours is influential.
Likewise, taxi apps car rental media apps resemble similar functions. If you are interested in developing a car rental platform, read how to make a car rental app?
To wrap up
We are living in a world where adjusting to the brisk pace is extremely vital. Taxi apps enable greater mobility because internet-based services are achievable at a rapid pace. Consider all the things before setting up a mobile application like the desired features, beginning the progress, beating rivals in the competition marketplace. Certainly, carrying out market research and then deploying application marketing strategies would have positive effects. At the end of the day, running a successful business is a combination of hard work, luck, and intuition. We help you stay up-to-date. Contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to develop a taxi app? It depends on the operating system (OS) that the app is designed for. For iOS, the total cost revolves around $46000. When it comes to Android development the price is about 49000. However, mobile app development cost would vary from company to company and app to app.
What is a native app? In simple terms, native mobile apps are designed for a specific operating system. For example, Android and iOS are two popular OS. If you download an Andriod app from Google play store or another alternative Android appstore it won’t be installed in iOS. Because it is not native to that platform.
Are there any app types rather than native app? Yes, Progressive web app design and hybrid app design are employed in other cases.